- Shopping or spending money as a result of feeling angry, depressed, anxious or lonely
- Having arguments with others about your shopping habits
- Feeling lost without credit cards -- actually going into withdrawal without them
- Buying items on credit, rather than with cash
- Describing a rush or a feeling of euphoria with spending
- Feeling guilty, ashamed or embarrassed after a spending spree
- Lying about how much money was spent or owning up to buying something, but lying about how much it actually cost
- Thinking obsessively about money
- Spending a lot of time juggling accounts or bills to accommodate spending
If you have three or more of these "symptoms," then you may have a compulsive shopping problem.
Yeah, I satisfy four of these.
But I think I already knew I had a shopping problem. It's called greed. Compulsive...maybe a little. Gluttony of pretty things, absolutely.