Monday, November 10, 2008

Alexia Sinclair's Regal Twelve

So it's pretty clear that I spend a lot of time online, whether it's shopping, reading celeb gossip, and browsing blogs. It's especially cool when I come across a blog that has such interesting stuff that I add it to my reader (I now have 53!!! Just blogs!!!) permanently. A few things that always get my attention are art, historical figures, fashion models, and photography.

This has it all!

From photographer and digital artist Alexia Sinclair's series "Regal Twelve," inspired by historical women, combining a mixture of photography, models, illustration, etc. Where the "styles and fashions of each monarch and are reinterpreted into a contemporary visual narrative."

These were some of my favorites...that weren't a teeny bit NSFW.

Elizabeth I (The Virgin Queen)



Alexandra Romanov (The Last Czarina)


Marie Antoinette (The Extravagant Queen)


And here are the rest: (click to enlarge)

Catherine the Great

Elizabeth Bathory (Countess of Blood)

Christina of Sweden (The Androgynous Queen)

Olympias (The Sorceress)

Cleopatra

Eleanor of Aquitane (The Eagle)

Agrippina The Younger (The Poisoness)

Boudica (The Celtic Queen)

Isabella of Spain


Check out Alexia Sinclair's site for more stuff.

[Via wickedhalo]

No comments: