Thursday, January 24, 2008

Art Prints

So I'm really in to getting some cool art prints for my room right now. I think it has something to do with the fact that I am currently (for the most part) shopped out of this season's clothes and stuff. I'm ready for next season. In the meantime, I have been spending unholy amounts of time on both eBay on art gallery websites looking for some interesting prints.

Turns out, I really like eerie cartoony pictures of either children or women. Read into that what you will, but I like it when it's kind of haunting and dark.

Exhibit A: screenshot of the paintings from Kathie Olivas' Misery Children collection.


Creepy but cute, right? And, from my uneducated perspective, a little reminiscent of Yoshitomo Nara's work. (see previous post on Yoshitomo Nara glasses)

Exhibit B: screenshot of Brandt Peters' Slap Happy collection



Kind of makes me think of a weird version of old Disney Channel cartoons, for some reason.

And finally, here's what I scored:



Collaboration print between Kathie Olivas and Brandt Peters.


More artists and prints to come.

No comments: